Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply
Does not apply
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Adriana Eleganza 375 yellow Akoya-perle coltivate bianco - E7,1
- Collier Ferrari Gioielli Femme SSO418GR CA silver blue Clair Pierres semi-précie
- Insect Jewelry Mixed Scorpion Spider Beetle Style Cool Magic Pendant Charms New
- Nice 14K Y gold Dia Cut gold Brushed Filigree Queen Nefertiti Charm PendantA6601
- Oscar de la Renta Signed Red Crystal Teardrop Clip-On Earrings
- Tarina Tarantino Pink Head Collection Hello Kitty Princess Cameo Earrings RARE
- Amethyst & Diamond Women's Engagement Ring 0.79 ct tw in 14K gold JP 59099
- 1.00 Ct Round Cut Diamond D SI Engagement Ring 14K White gold Enhanced
- Designer 4000 1.25ct Asscher Cut Pink Sapphire Diamond 14k White gold HALO Ring
- 1802-14K WHITE gold SEMI-MOUNT ENGAGEMENT RING 0.52CTS 6.10 GR SIZE 7.25
- Bracciale Vezzaro I CLASSICI IAS009B600275000 silver silver
- Genuine Scott Kay 0.50 CT Diamond Engagement Ring Mounting, S13880
- Pulsera 4US Cesare Paciotti Hombre 4UBR0147 Acero Acero
- 18K Solid Yellow gold Pearl Rings
- 14k Yellow gold Oval Sapphire Ring
- 9ct gold 0.03ct Diamond & 0.70ct Aqua Marine Ring
- 1.70 Ct Natural Diamond Engagement Ring 14K White gold Topaz Rings Size 6 7 8
- 10k Yellow gold Womens Round Diamond Heart Frame Cluster Ring 1 3 Cttw
- 18K White Solid gold Natural Genuine Diamond 7mm Round Engagement Ring Sets
- Beautiful 18K Yellow gold Textured Leaf Fire Opal Ring Sz 8 A2812
- Collar Antares Venezia Maratea MarateaC06 Vidrio purplea
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.