Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
ALEX AND ANI
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Anhänger Kreuz mit Jesus 585 14 KT yellowgold goldkreuz Kreuzanhänger
- Diamond 18K Yellow gold Over Trio His And Her Bridal Wedding Engagement Ring Set
- Jewelco London silver Cubic Zirkonia Ausweis Anhänger INITIALIEN S - 45.7cm
- Kette 0,6mm Fantasie-Muster gedreht 14Kt gold 42cm
- Pendentif ange or 18 carats
- Trendor Bijou silver Pendentif avec Zirkonium 80746
- 3CT Marquise Shaped Diamond VVS1 IGL Sapphire Brilliant Finish Engagement Rings
- 1.28Ct Round Cut Solitaire Diamond Engagement Ring 14K White gold Overlay
- Diamond Ring Diamonds 333 gold Ø 0 11 16in
- 2.45ct D VVS1 Ideal Round Diamonds 14k gold Classic Cathedral Accents Ring 2.4mm
- Cathedral 0.65 Carat SI1 F Round Cut Diamond Engagement Ring pink gold
- HEIDI DAUS LAVISH LAYERS 3-PIECE CRYSTAL-ACCENTED BRACELET SET
- RARE BCBG GENERATION goldTONE YELLOW orange ENAMEL MOSAIC DESIGN CUFF BRACELET
- Anello Fede Nuziale men women 1mm gold bianco 18k
- 10K White gold Ring Forever Brilliant GHI Round Created Moissanite 0.50ct DEW
- 9ct Yellow gold Natural Ruby Womens Trilogy Ring - Sizes J to Z
- 1 10 ct Real Diamond Composite Heart Promise Ring 10K Yellow gold Valentine Gift
- 10k Yellow gold Womens Round Diamond Milgrain Heart Fashion Ring 1 5
- 18ct White gold Amethyst and Diamond Ring
- Authentic White gold 10KT Anniversary Contemporary Diamond Ring 5.00g I-1747
- COLLANA GIOIELLI women ATHENA silver 925 ANOUK CN5348 (listino 367,00)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.