Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- 9ct Yellow and White gold Cubic Zirconia Heart Stud Earrings
- COLLANA ZOPPINI women COLLEZIONE LADYG CUORE CON ZIRCONI Q1448_4415
- Hespera Angelina Labrodite Dangle Earrings Nordstrom's
- NEW BREIL Ring IPNOSI Female Stainless steel IP gold 54 - TJ2183
- Ocean Jasper & Mix Earring Ethenic Jewelry Wholesale Lot Earring 70pcs EL-10
- Swarovski 5017145 Women's Earrings new original genuine IE
- 1.88 tcw Brilliant Radiant Cut Diamond Engagement Ring Bridal set 14K White gold
- 1 CT Classic Enhanced Diamond Engagement Ring Round Cut F SI1 14K White gold
- COLLIER VINTAGE 3 RANG MÉTAL DORÉ CHAINE MAILLE BRELOQUE PENDENTIF AJOURÉ T8
- 14k White gold Round Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring .97ct
- Bracciale Bliss perle 20067240 Perle Bianco Perla
- Genuine MORELLATO BRACELET LUNA( O505 )
- PONO Joan Goodman Textured Tan Metallic Marble Resin Link Bracelet NWOT 210
- Jewelco London 9ct gold Ribbed Barked Half Sovereign Mount Ring
- 1.42ct Pear Cut Halo Wedding Bridal Engagement Anniversary Ring 14k pink gold
- 10ct White gold Diamond Claddagh Engagement Ring
- 1 CT Square Princess-Cut D VVS1 Twist Shank Engagement Ring in 14K White gold
- 10KT White gold Sparkling .33 TCW Diamond Cluster Ring Size 7 J0978
- 14KT WHITE gold - 0.64CTW GENUINE NATURAL EMERALD AND DIAMOND RING SIZE 6.5
- Antique c.1917 18Ct Yellow gold 0.10ct Diamond Eternity Ring (Size O) 6mm Wide
- Collana multifilo Perlamore silver 925 cuore 27mm in pavè cristalli Swarovski
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.