Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 9ct Yellow and White gold Cubic Zirconia Heart Stud Earrings
- COLLANA ZOPPINI women COLLEZIONE LADYG CUORE CON ZIRCONI Q1448_4415
- Hespera Angelina Labrodite Dangle Earrings Nordstrom's
- NEW BREIL Ring IPNOSI Female Stainless steel IP gold 54 - TJ2183
- Ocean Jasper & Mix Earring Ethenic Jewelry Wholesale Lot Earring 70pcs EL-10
- Swarovski 5017145 Women's Earrings new original genuine IE
- 1.88 tcw Brilliant Radiant Cut Diamond Engagement Ring Bridal set 14K White gold
- 1 CT Classic Enhanced Diamond Engagement Ring Round Cut F SI1 14K White gold
- COLLIER VINTAGE 3 RANG MÉTAL DORÉ CHAINE MAILLE BRELOQUE PENDENTIF AJOURÉ T8
- 1CT Women's Beautiul 14K WG Round Moissanite 6 Prong Solitaire Engagement Ring
- Bracelet KIDULT FREE TIME stainless steel 316L with Crystals - 231641
- Guess UBB84039-S Women's Bracelet new original genuine IE
- Princess cut diamond ring white gold. Ship to US only.
- BJC® 9ct pink gold Victorian Gypsy Style Graduating Peridot 5 Stone Ring
- 14k White gold Oval Ruby And Diamond Ring (CM-RM1041XW-07)
- Diamond & 4 Oval Ruby Yellow gold Ring New
- 1 4ct DIAMOND 9ct YELLOW gold SINGLE DIAMOND RING SIZE J.25ct DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT
- 14k Ring - Rainbow, bluee Sheen - MOONSTONE - 3.93CT - White gold Mtg.-
- 18k solid textured white gold gypsy set diamond ring 3.51g size M - 6
- BEAU COLLIER SIGNE EQUINOXE PARIS VINTAGE OCCASION METAL DORE ET CRISTAL
- Collana Breil VOILÀ TJ2199 Acciaio gold pink
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.