Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- AGNES CREATIONS ANILLO veneno para SECRET 925 ADORNADO AMATISTA TAMAÑO 52
- Collier pendentif vintage color or gravé cartouche égyptien 670
- J Jaz Dominique silver Zircone Faith Collier Pendentif Croix
- NOLAN MILLER Exquisite Signed goldtone DANGLE Austrian CRYSTALS Pierced NEW
- P055- Genuine 9ct Solid pink gold Natural Garnet Cross Slider Pendant
- Theia Bijoux pour tous - Anello, titanio, men, 24.5
- Floating Emerald Solitaire Engagement Ring 0.45 ct in 14K gold JP 26363
- 1.00CT Forever One 6 Prong Style Moissanite Solitaire Wedding Ring 14K WG
- Diamant 750er whitegold Halbmemory Ring Größe 57 10 Brillanten ca 0,25ct VS1 H
- 2.50 Ct Round-Cut Forever Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Ring 14k White gold
- Certified 0.75ct Round Cut Moissanite 10K Two Tone gold Engagement Vintage Ring
- Janis Savitt Triple Cobra Bracelet
- Platinum .64ct SI1 H 3 stone princess diamond semi mount engagement ring 8.1g
- 9ct gold Hallmarked Gents Three Stone Garnet Ring
- 1ct Round Cut Classic Solitaire Engagement Promise Ring Solid 14k White gold
- 0.33 ct (ctw) 10 ct gold Champagne & Diamond Bridal Wave Engagement Ring 1 3 CT
- 0.50 Ct. Natural Diamond Snowflake Ring In Solid 14k White gold
- 10kt white gold tanzanite ring
- 14k Yellow gold YG Beautiful Sparkling Vintage Diamond Ring Size 7 3.5g C177
- Anello veretta gold bianco 18 kt con 5 diamanti naturali ct 0,40
- Collana Comete coriandoli glb1233 gold Bianco gold bianco
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.