Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 9ct Yellow gold Tredting Horse Animal Farm Pet Rider Bracelet Charm Pendant Gift
- Collar Plateado Mi Largo Colgante Hoja Art Deco blue Grande Cadena Punk LL 1
- HOLYLAND Sterling FAITH RING Star of David Menorah Fish
- New Pure 999 24K Yellow gold Pendant Women Men Tiger Head Bead Pendant 1-1.5g
- Original Russisch Handbemalt Perlmutt Anhänger - Gestempelt Referenz
- Swarovski Femme 5197483 Alliage Métallique silver Cristal
- Semi Mount 7x9 MM Oval Shape Ring F s Setting Anniversary Solid gold Jewelry
- 1 CTS F SI1 Enhanced Round Cut Diamond Engagement Ring 14K White gold Wedding
- DAINTY 9CT 9K pink gold AMETHYST DIAMOND ART DECO INS HEART RING FREE RESIZE
- 2.39 Carat D VVS1 Ideal Princess Diamond White gold Trellis Solitaire Ring 4.5mm
- Carolee LUX Desert Moon Metal Cuff Bracelet
- Fix Morganite Gemstone & Diamond 14k pink gold Ring Size 6.5
- New EFFY Vintage 3.8 TCW AAA Ruby & Vanilla Diamond 14K gold Ring
- Zales 1 2CT Princess Diamond Solitaire Engagement Wedding Ring 14K Yellow gold
- 14k White gold Sapphire and .11 ct Diamond Ring
- 9ct Yellow gold Cubic Zirconia Womens Eternity Ring - Sizes J to Z
- 1.90Ct Natural Pink Tourmaline & EGL Certified Diamond Ring In 14KT White gold
- 14K gold Ring w Amethyst and Diamond 7.2 grams size 6
- 18 Carat yellow gold Italian Made Modern Elegant Baltic Amber Ring new 877
- Authentic 750 White gold Sapphire ring
- Collar Zancan COLLANA CON CROCE EXC441R silver silver
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.