Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
La Vie Parisienne Cather ine Popesco
Does not apply
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 9ct gold Real Ruby Cluster Stud Earrings
- Collana women MORELLATO CUORI SAIV23 silver 925% gold Dorato Swarovski Pietre
- Hattie Carnegie Etruscan Style gold Tone Crystal Earrings
- NEW 14K TRI COLOR gold FANCY FLOWERS IN A BASKET PENDANT
- Solid 14K White gold 0.16CT Real Natural Diamond Simple Fancy Ring Fine Jewelry
- STUNNING 10K WG DIAMOND CLUSTER BRIDAL SET SIZE 6.75 .35 CARAT TW B55201
- Real 0.75carat Round Diamond Ladies Personalized Fancy Engagement Ring 14K gold
- 1 1 2 CT H SI1 Round Enhanced Diamond Engagement Ring Set14K White gold Pave
- COLLEEN LOPEN 30.8ct London bluee Topaz Sky bluee Topaz Ring HSN
- 14K Yellow gold Certified Genuine Green Emerald Rings Natural Diamond Ring 5 6 7
- Bracciale women ROL gold yellow gold yellow
- Hermes Genuine Leather Bracelet Father's Day from Japan Free Shipping
- Police Men's Bracelet Motive Stainless Steel Vintage Pj.22257bsb 02
- Jewelco London 9ct gold Curb Links Square Full Sovereign Mount Ring
- 14k Yellow gold Oval Garnet And Diamond Ring
- Flower Pendant Amethyst Stone Quartz Healing Predection Chakra Reiki Home Yoga
- 0.25Ct Round Full Eternity Diamond Wedding Ring In 18K White,Yellow Or pink gold
- 14K pink gold Vladimirskaya Icon In Heart, Pendant, Virgin Mary & Jesus, 1
- 18ct Wg Pink Saphire And Diamond Ring
- AUTHENTIC TROLLBEAD DANCING BUTTERFLY SPACER TAGBE-60010 STOP FARFALLA DANZANTE
- Cluster Ring 0.28Ct Round Diamond Engagement Ring 14KT pink gold Size 7
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.