Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New without tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is not in original packaging or ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Amethyst Happiness Pendant Enhancer 14k Yellow Solid gold
- CUTE RED RUBY EYES PANTHER PENDANT & GENUINE TAHITIAN SOUTH SEA PEARL SP442
- Jewelco London silver black e Bianco Ovale E
- NWT Kendra Scott Thomas Drop Earrings in pink Translucent Glass
- Pendentif blue Serpent Véritable Peint à la Main Reptile Pierre Gorbachova Signé
- Trendor Joyas silver Circonia Pendientes 64970
- 1 2ct Round Diamond Engagement Ring Infinity 14k White, Yellow, pink gold
- 1.30 Ct Diamond Brilliant Engagement Wedding Rings 14K Yellow gold Size 5 6.5 7
- Diamond Root Beer Oval Setting (PM3001416)
- 18K White gold 1 2 CTW Round Baguette Diamond Engagement Ring Sz 7 (AM1038794)
- Bracelet ancien bijou vintage large maillon déco relief color or poli 320
- Guess UBB28061-S Pulsera para women nuevo y original ES
- Police Unisex Bracelet Spirit Stainless Steel Leather PJ.24410BLGR 01-S
- Jewelco London 9ct gold Diamond Purple Amethyst Classic Royal Cluster Ring 9mm
- 14k Yellow gold Double Bar Ring
- 14 ct pink gold Genuine Garnet, Champagne Diamond Swirl Halo Style Ring
- 1.30Ct Natural Zambian Emerald Octagon Shape 14KT White gold Women's Ring
- 14K pink gold Round Cut Morganite Diamonds Jewelry Engagement Wedding Fine Ring
- 14KT VINTAGE LADIES DIAMOND RING VINTAGE LOTDC163 COX
- Antique Art Nouveau 14K gold bluee Lapis Cabochon Craving Flower Ring 5.6g size 7
- Collana Amen pinkRIO CROCE CHARM CRORVZ4 silver gold pink Cristallo
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.