Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Anhänger Kreuz aus 375 gold yellowgold rhodiniert mit Zirkonia white, goldanhänger
- Diamond 14K pink gold Plated Trio His And Her Bridal Wedding Engagement Ring Set
- Jewelco London silver Cubic Zirkonia Ausweis Anhänger Anfangsbuchstabe X -
- KENNETH JAY LANE, MULTI PASTEL CRYSTALS 4 INCH PIERCED EARRINGS
- Pendentif 585er doré croix en or incolor PIERRES BIJOU
- Trendor Accessori in silver Placca Incisa Tondo 78674 con Incisione senza Costi
- Trillion Shape Ring In Semi Mount 8.00 MM Genuine Yellow gold Woman Gift Jewelry
- 1.27 CT D VVS1 Very Good Round Diamond White gold Cathedral Solitaire Ring 2.1mm
- DIAMOND RING 14KT YELLOW gold 0.50 POINTS
- 2.00 Ct Solid 10K White Real gold Oval Halo Diamond Engagement Wedding Ring
- Breil TJ2138 Women's Bracelet new original genuine AU
- J.J. SIGNED GREEK KEY SQUARE LINK WIDE BRACELET SIGNED
- RARE ALEX and ANI ASSORTED VINTAGE Yellow BEADED SINGLES Russian gold BRACELET
- Collana catena grumetta gold yellow o pink doublé girocollo catenina collanina
- 14k gold Natural Turquoise Ring, Oval 8x6mm, Diamond & Heart Accents, Sizes 4-10
- 14k pink gold Natural Aquamarine & Opal Womens Eternity Ring - Sizes 4 to 12
- 1.50ct Oval-Cut Delicated Diamond Halo Engagement Ring 10K White gold
- 14k solid yellow gold heart shape marquise sapphire ring 5.1 grams
- 14KT White gold Natural African Red Ruby 1.90Ct EGL Certified Diamond Ring
- Aquamarine Diamond gold Ring, 14k gold Oval bluee Stone Diamond Ring
- Charm pinkto women BA015 silver Multicolor Zirconia
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.