Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Alex and Ani gold tone, set of 4 pre-owned adjustable bracelets. 65.00
- Collierkette Panzer in gold 333 Panzerkette 50cm yellowgold Unisex
- Jade White mala beads meditation Beads Hand Knotted Japa Mala pinkry
- Nomination 330710_09 Charm para women nuevo y original ES
- Park Lane Jewelry Elizabeth Ring New size 6
- Thomas Sabo Kette 90 & Carrier & großes Pave Herz Charm Anhänger Pendant
- Rhodolite Garnet and Diamond Engagement Ring 1.85 ctw 10K White gold JP 109152
- 1.05 CT Enhanced Round Fine Diamond Engagement Ring 14K White gold H VS2 Natural
- Diamond & Green Sapphire Ring Set In 14K Yellow gold Diamond Halo LR6429GSY-D
- 1pc 16mm natural gold tiger eye stone bracelet for men and women
- Bracelet KIDULT PHILOSOPHY stainless steel 316L - 731111 Ogni imperfezione...
- HERMES HAPI 3 wrap bracelet leather w Palladium Sz. S
- Pulsera L'Orafo Artigiano BRACCIALE silver ORA006 silver silver
- Letter Y Sapphire Initial 18 kt gold
- 14K White gold 6 mm Cushion Garnet and Diamond Bezel Ring
- 9ct Yellow gold Natural London bluee Topaz & Diamond Womens Trilogy Ring
- 1 10 Ct D VVS1 Diamond Cross Pendant 18K Yellow gold Over 551.95
- 14K Solid Yellow gold 6mm High Polish Milgrain Wedding Ring
- 14k Yellow gold Womens Round and Princess Diamond Flower Cluster Ring 1 4 Cttw
- ANELLO VANESSA MAUGERI SET CON UNA SMERALDO E DIAMETTI gold yellow 18 CARATI
- Charm Roberto Giannotti Angeli PZ592 gold yellow gold
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.