Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Solid 10K White gold Natural Engagement Pave Setting Diamond Jewelry Fine Ring
- R224 Genuine 9ct, 10K or 18K Solid gold Natural Topaz Cushion Solitaire Ring
- Polished Yellow gold Running Mustang Horse Charm Pendant Made in USA
- 1.52 Ct 14K Solid pink gold bluee Topaz Diamond Ring Gemstone Womens Size 5-11
- 0.55cts Natural Cornflower blueee Sapphire & alexandrites 9ct 375 Yellow gold ring
- 14K pink gold Oval Cut 8x6mm Semi Mount Diamond Jewelry Anniversary Fine Ring
- 2.30 Ct Certified Real Diamond Engagement Ring 14K White gold Garnet Size 6.5 7
- Barbara Bixby NWOT Couture Olive Quartz Diamonds hinged cuff bracelet .925 18kt
- Adara 9 ct Yellow gold Mini pink Stud Earrings
- COLLIER VINTAGE MÉAL color OR SIGNÉ AVON PENDENTIF CHAT COEUR CRISTAL CHAINE B
- Certified 2.6CT Cushion Cut Diamond14k White gold Halo BridalSet Engagement Ring
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.