Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Adriana Eleganza 375 yellow Akoya-perle coltivate bianco - E7,1
- Collier Ferrari Gioielli Femme SSO418GR CA silver blue Clair Pierres semi-précie
- Insect Jewelry Mixed Scorpion Spider Beetle Style Cool Magic Pendant Charms New
- Nice 14K Y gold Dia Cut gold Brushed Filigree Queen Nefertiti Charm PendantA6601
- Oscar de la Renta Signed Red Crystal Teardrop Clip-On Earrings
- Tarina Tarantino Pink Head Collection Hello Kitty Princess Cameo Earrings RARE
- Amethyst & Diamond Women's Engagement Ring 0.79 ct tw in 14K gold JP 59099
- 1.00 Ct Round Cut Diamond D SI Engagement Ring 14K White gold Enhanced
- Designer 4000 1.25ct Asscher Cut Pink Sapphire Diamond 14k White gold HALO Ring
- 18K White gold 6.5mm Round Engraved Solitaire Engagement Ring - EN52
- Bracelet Antica Murrina Venezia avec Verre de Murano red et Beige Br747a11
- Holiday Sale 1 3 Ct Round Cut D VVS1 Diamond 14K White gold Wedding Rings
- Preowned round cut emerald engagement ring
- Jewelco London mens Solid 9ct Yellow gold Oval Signet Ring
- 1 CT Diamond Solitaire Halo Engagement Wedding Ring 14k Solid Yellow gold Round
- Diamond 3 Stone Ring New
- 1 5ct Baguette and Round Diamond Solitaire Enhancer Ring in 10K gold
- 14 k gold ring pre owned Size 6.5
- 14K YG Yellow gold Hand-Made Chrome Diopside Flower Estate Ring Sz 5.75
- Anillo gold 585 con Brillante, 4,09G
- Collana Dalù Punto Luce gold Bianco 18kt Diamanti 0.15ct sol159ci.1mis women
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.