Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- 9CT gold yellow Pulido Letra Colgante con Inicial
- Collana in corallo red della sardegna a cannette con arg. 925 usato vintage
- HEIDI DAUS DENIM AND DECO blueE CRYSTAL DROP PIERCED EARRINGS HSN MIB
- New 14k Yellow gold Zodiac Scorpio October & November Charm Pendant
- Solid 14K Yellow gold Sea Turtle Tortoise Charm Pendant
- Stylish 1CT Brilliant Pure White gold Diamond Bridal Fine Jewelry Ring
- Pure 10K White gold 3 Ct Princess Cut Diamond Round Anniversary Engagement Ring
- 1 Carat Diamond Round Cut F SI Engagement Ring 14K White gold Enhanced
- Collier Diamants et quartz Citrine Femme Or ( dcp1421 )
- 14k Yellow gold Nautical Anchor Ship Wheel Mariners Link Id Mothers Day Gifts
- Bracciale in pelle grey con Placca Incisa 2-reihig Intrecciato, Acciaio Inox,
- Fremada 10k Two-tone gold Twist Alternating Oval Circle Bracelet (7.5-inch)
- ORIGINAL MORELLATO AURORA BRACELET 0A15B
- 0.55ct Round Brilliant Cut Diamonds Full Eternity Wedding Ring, gold & Platinum
- 14k Solid White gold AAA Romantic Pink F W Cultured Pearl & Diamond Ring TPJ
- 0.18 ct 14 ct Yellow gold Champagne Diamond Ladies Wedding Enhancer Guard Ring
- 0.44 Ct Oval Cut Garnet & Real Diamond 14K Yellow gold Solitaire Engagement Ring
- 14 KARAT YELLOW gold RING WITH ROUND & BAGUETTE DIAMONDS
- 14KT WHITE gold OVAL CITRINE FACET RING WITH BRILLIANT DIAMONDS SIZE 7
- Art Deco Cert.3 Ct Round Cut bluee Diamond Engagement Ring Real 14k White gold
- Collana women 25P1 Perle Multicolor Perla
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.