Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- 9ct Yellow gold Tredting Horse Animal Farm Pet Rider Bracelet Charm Pendant Gift
- Collar Plateado Mi Largo Colgante Hoja Art Deco blue Grande Cadena Punk LL 1
- HOLYLAND Sterling FAITH RING Star of David Menorah Fish
- New Pure 999 24K Yellow gold Pendant Women Men Tiger Head Bead Pendant 1-1.5g
- Original Russisch Handbemalt Perlmutt Anhänger - Gestempelt Referenz
- Swarovski Femme 5197483 Alliage Métallique silver Cristal
- Semi Mount 7x9 MM Oval Shape Ring F s Setting Anniversary Solid gold Jewelry
- 1 CTS F SI1 Enhanced Round Cut Diamond Engagement Ring 14K White gold Wedding
- DAINTY 9CT 9K pink gold AMETHYST DIAMOND ART DECO INS HEART RING FREE RESIZE
- 2.06 Carat D VVS1 V.Good Round Diamond 18k Yellow gold Classic Wedding Ring 4.2g
- Brighton Large Tiger Eye Bracelet
- Genuine 0.40 ct Round Diamond Classic Engagement Ring 14K Yellow gold sz 6.25
- NIB TARDINI Raspberry Pink Genuine Alligator Leather Cuff Bracelet 150921AT
- 9 Karat Weiss gold D-Förmiger Diamantschliff Ehering 4mm 5mm 6mm 7mm
- 10k Yellow gold Oval Pink Topaz And Diamond Ring
- 0.10 Carat 10 ct Yellow gold Diamond Micro Pave Engagement Promise Ring 1 10 CT
- 0.33 CARAT T.W. LADIES PRINCESS & ROUND CUT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING 14K
- 14k Large Natural Solitaire Neon bluee Apatite and Baguette Diamond, Ring Size 8
- 14k Yellow gold Trillon bluee Topaz & Diamond Ring
- ANELLO SOLITARIO CON DIAMANTE KT 0,10 (GM013) gold BIANCO 18KT, NUOVO
- CLASSIC 9K 9CT WHITE gold INDIAN RUBY CHANNEL ETERNITY RING
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.