Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
Camrose & Kross
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 9ct gold Real Ruby Cluster Stud Earrings
- Collana women MORELLATO CUORI SAIV23 silver 925% gold Dorato Swarovski Pietre
- Hattie Carnegie Etruscan Style gold Tone Crystal Earrings
- NEW 14K TRI COLOR gold FANCY FLOWERS IN A BASKET PENDANT
- Solid 14K White gold 0.16CT Real Natural Diamond Simple Fancy Ring Fine Jewelry
- STUNNING 10K WG DIAMOND CLUSTER BRIDAL SET SIZE 6.75 .35 CARAT TW B55201
- Real 0.75carat Round Diamond Ladies Personalized Fancy Engagement Ring 14K gold
- 1 1 2 CT H SI1 Round Enhanced Diamond Engagement Ring Set14K White gold Pave
- COLLEEN LOPEN 30.8ct London bluee Topaz Sky bluee Topaz Ring HSN
- 2.00 Ct Round Cut Near White Moissanite Two Shank Engagement Ring 14k White gold
- Breil TJ1749 Women's Bracelet new original genuine AU
- Heidi Daus Lavish Layers 2 piece Crystal Accented Bracelet Set M L Tanzanite
- REDUCED Beautiful 3 4 Carat Solitaire Diamond Engagement Ring Sz 9 1 2
- 0.25carat Round Diamond 18k gold Engagement Ring For Women Bridal Dome Designer
- 1 5 CT Composite Diamond Twist Promise Ring in 14K pink gold
- 1 5 Total Carat Weight DIAMOND FASHION RING
- 0.60ct Pear Diamond Solitaire Enhancer Engagement Ring 10K Real Yellow gold
- 10K Yellow gold Round & Baguette Diamonds Cluster Ring FREE SIZING
- 14kt 585 gold RING MIT DIAMANT BESATZ BRILLANT RG 56,5 2,8g
- Antique 18Carat Yellow gold & Platinum 0.33ct Diamond Thee-Stone Ring (Size N)
- COLLANA DI PIETRE DURE BIANCHE E ONICE
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.