Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Amazing Mother of Pearl, Drop Swarovski Crystals, Lotus Earrings, Mother of Pear
- Cross Of Two Nails With Center Wire Wrap In Copper Finish Pewter 20-Inch
- Jewelco London 9ct gold 0.02ct Diamond Corndolly Girl Charm Pendant
- NWOT Kendra Scott Elora Drop earring Pearl Shell Red gold Tone
- Pendant Cooper Trolls Genuine Russian Hand Made stone signed UNIQUE GIRLS GIFT
- Toller Anhänger aus 333er gold mit Bernstein Amber (da3923)
- 4.00CT Pear Moissanite Brilliant Unique Halo Engagement Ring 14K Yellow gold
- 1.20 Carat Enhanced F SI1 Round Cut Diamond Engagement Ring 14k Yellow gold
- Diamond Cluster Ring in 10k Yellow gold
- 1ct Round Natural Diamond 10K gold Engagement Ring Women's Loop Solitaire
- Bracelet Jonc Swarovski Prisma multicolor M
- Estate 14k White gold Natural 0.8 CT Princess Diamond Ring
- Pretty Natural Citrine & 14k Yellow gold Over Brass Bracelet-13g & 7 1 4
- Ladies Solid 9ct gold 4 Claw Round 31pts Diamond Smooth Pave Half Eternity Ring
- 14k Solid Yellow gold 12 X 14mm Cabochon Cut Oval Green Jade Solitaire Ring TPJ
- 10k Yellow gold Diamond Eternal infinity Credver Fashion Ring GH I1-I2
- 1.05 Ct Oval Cut Moissanite Solitaire Engagement Wedding Ring 9K pink gold
- 14K MULTI TONE gold blueE TOPAZ DIAMOND LADIES RING SIZE 6.5
- 14KT White gold Natural Zambian Emerald 1.70 Carat EGL Certified Diamond Ring
- Art Deco 18ct, 18k, 750 gold & Plat Diamond 0.40ct five stone ring C1920
- Christian Cross Pendant With Swarovski colord Gemstones
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.