Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- AAA 10.2X11.8MM goldenBrown Freshwater Pearl Diamond Drop Pendant 14K White gold
- Collier Chaine Maille Gourmette Plate 6 mm Acier Inox
- IGI Certified Solid 14Kt Yellow gold 3 8 Ctw Diamond Wedding Ring Guard
- New w o Tag 10K White gold Micro-Pave Diamond Layered HEART Pendant Charm
- gold yellow No 1 Nan Colgante 19mm Nuevo
- SWAROVSKI VITTORE MARQUISE ANELLO (55) - 5354786
- Semi Mount Round Shape Exotic Ring 5 MM Authentic Solid gold Wedding Top Jewelry
- 1.00 CT Enhanced Diamond Engagement Ring Round F SI 14K White gold Size 5 6 7
- David Yurman Petite Wheaton Ring With White Topaz And Diamonds 10x8mm 8
- 18K gold Over Bronze Filigree Cuff Bracelet with Round bluee Green Quartz Doublet
- Bracciale Zancan Unisex EXB519R-BI silver Bianco
- Estate 14k White gold Natural .89ctw Diamond Engagement Ring 3.6g eb5124
- Pre-Owned Ladies 18 Kt Two Tone Diamond Semi-Mount 0.30 cwt Center 1.00 ct
- Jewelco London mens Solid 9ct Yellow gold Double Knot Ring
- 14k White gold Natural Citrine & London bluee Topaz 3-Stone Diamond Ring, 6mm
- 10 ct Yellow gold Pink Genuine Sapphire Diamond Ladies Twisted Promise Ring
- 1 Carat Total Weight Vintage Diamond Ring 3 Rows 21 Diamonds Size 6
- 14K Solid White gold Trilogy Halo Engagement Ring Genuine Citrine 0.15ct Diamond
- 2.05 Ct Garnet & Natural Diamond 14K Yellow gold Engagement Ring 8 9 10 11 12
- Bold 14K Yellow gold Emerald Cut AMETHYST & Diamonds Ladies RING Sz 6.75
- Chrome Hearts Baby Phat 22k (A3721
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.